Great combination of flavours
Once a year, canned pineapple goes on sale in my local store, here. Last year I bought some fifty cans or so, and I’ve just used the last one today. I’m sure you’re wondering what in the world I did with fifty cans of pineapple tidbits. First of all, I made several of this easy to make Date and Pineapple Loaf. My Kids love it. Then I made several of this Pineapple Banana Loaf. During summer, we drank lots of pineapple smoothies. My most favourite was the Blueberry Pineapple smoothie.
We also make homemade pizza at least once a week, sometimes, twice. Our most favourite is the Thai Chicken Pizza, but we also love this Bacon Pineapple and Sausage pizza. We made it twice last week. So you see, fifty cans of pineapple tidbits is a drop in the ocean. This pizza tastes really nice. I’m glad I finally managed to take photos and post it.
Transfer into the oven and bake 8-10 minutes on a pizza stone, until crisp and bubbly
Slice and enjoy…
We demolished it in less than ten minutes!
Bacon Sausage Pineapple and Pepper Pizza
Preparation time: 30 minutes + 2½ hours standing time; Baking time: 8-10 (-14) minutes;
Makes: 12-14-inch round pizza
- Make one No-knead thin crust pizza dough, in advance and keep in the fridge.
- Pizza sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- Two large Italian sausages (250g) cooked and sliced
- I large red or yellow, bell pepper julienned
- ½ cup pineapple tid bits, drained
- 6 slices streaky bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1-2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C), if using pizza pan or 500°F (260°C) if using pizza stone ten minutes in advance. (Place the pizza stone in the lowest rack and heat the oven with the stone inside.)
- Knock back the no-knead pizza dough on a well floured surface, shape into a ball and cover with a kitchen towel for 20 minutes. Roll or stretcht into a 14-16 inch base depending on your pan or pizza stone. If using pizza stone transfer the rolled pizza to pizza peel if using pizza pan, transfer the rolled pizza to a lightly oiled pizza pan.
- Spread the sauce over the rolled dough, leaving a ½-inch border, top with cheese, sausages, bacon, pineapple and bell pepper. Finish off with mozzarella cheese.
- Transfer into the oven and bake 8-10 minutes on a pizza stone, until crisp and bubbly or 11-14 minutes on the pizza pan.