My Favourite Smoothies
This summer I plan to make fifty different smoothies so watch this space. I shall keep on posting as I make and keep on drinking of course…..
Please note that bananas tend to oxidize and turn brown when exposed to air. It’s always important to add a citric juice like orange when making smoothies with bananas. The other alternative is to add 2-3 tablespoons lemon or lime juice. I found this smoothie really sweet, my daughter didn’t so I guess it’s not really sweet. I have reduced my sugar intake over the years so my palate is not used to SWEET…
Banana Cantaloupe Cashew nut Smoothie
Preparation time: 5 minutes Serves: 4 x 250ml cups
- 1 cup fully-packed, diced cantaloupe
- 3 bananas, sliced (I used Dole)
- 2 cups orange juice
- 30 pieces (1/3 cup) raw cashew nuts (or almonds)
- Combine everything and blend till smooth. Serve.
- If you want the smoothiet extra thick, add only 11/2 cups orange juice.
Point to Note
I always refrain from adding sugar to smoothies. If you want it sweeter, add whatever sweetener you prefer.