My Favourite Salads
Hello my dear friends. I have spent the whole day doing house chores. I am so tired, but the schedule says “post” and the schedule must be obeyed. The good thing is, the weather was extra special today. The sports cars are popping out of hibernation. How was your weekend? Sometimes I wish we could have three days in a normal weekend. Wouldn’t that be nice? Especially for the lazy ones…me included.
Yesterday I posted a recipe for Feta and Olive Pikelets, served with some Fresh Tomato Salsa. Because the salsa recipe is a one liner, I will gladly post that tonight and call it a day. I’m trying to get at least 7 hours of sleep these days. The result? “Comme ci, comme ça”, but at least, I’m getting there. Okay my dear friends, I wish you a goodnight, good morning or good day, wherever you are. I hope you enjoy week 14 (40 more weeks to go).
Fresh Tomato Salsa
Preparation: 20 minutes; Serves: 4
- 4 large tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 2 small red chillies, seeded and finely chopped (I used chilli flakes)
- ½ cup, finely chopped fresh coriander leaves (cilantro)
- 1 small green capsicum (bell pepper) finely diced
- 2-4 tablespoons fresh lime or lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt or to taste
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper or to taste
- Mix together all the ingredients and stir. Taste and adjust seasoning. Let it stand for one hour for flavours to meld. Serve as a side with grilled or barbecued meats, tortilla, taco et
Step By Step Photos
Please always assemble all ingredients before you start (Note: I reduced quantities for blog purposes)
Mix together all ingredients together and stir. Taste and adjust seasoning. Let it stand for one hour for flavours to meld.
Serve as a side with grilled or barbecued meats, tortilla, taco etc
myfavouritepastime.com Last Updated: 27 July, 2019