Warm potato salad goes well with grilled chicken. You can also use rotisserie or roast chicken for this recipe. I wish you a happy cooking!
Chicken with Warm Potato Salad
- 450g (1 Ib) red potatoes, quartered
- 227g (8oz) grape tomatoes. sliced into halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 small boneless chicken breasts, seasoned with salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups ready to use arugula or mixed greens
- A bunch parsley or coriander, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon old fashioned dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onions
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Make the salad dressing: combine all salad ingredients in a bowl or a jar and whisk or shake until combined. Season with enough salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the potatoes: boil potatoes in salted water, 10-15 minutes or until fork tender. Drain and place in a large salad bowl together with the tomatoes. Drizzle salad dressing over potatoes.
- Cook the chicken: While potatoes are boiling, heat the olive oil in a heavy based grill pan and cook the chicken over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until fully cooked and no longer pink inside.
- Assemble the salad: place the cooked chicken on four plates. Divide arugula and potato salad between the four plates. Drizzle the dressing over and serve warm.