Yes very easy to make as the title says. We really love the cherry coconut combo. So refreshing !
Easy Cherry and Coconut Muffins
Preparation time: 10 minutes; Baking time: 20-25 minutes; Makes: 12 muffins
- 250g (2 cups, 9oz) all-purpose (plain) flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 130g (½ cup + 2 tablespoons) fine grained sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 2 large eggs
- 80ml (1/3 cup, 6 tablespoons oil)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ¾ cup sliced glacé cherries
- 2 tablespoons extra, desiccated coconut to top
- 2 tablespoons turbinado to sprinkle (or large grained sugar)
- 6 whole glacé cherries cut into halves
- Line a 12 cup muffin pan with muffin cases. Preheat the oven to 360ºF (180ºC) convection setting; 375ºF (190ºC), regular setting, ten minutes before using.
- Sift or whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar into a bowl. Stir in the coconut and make a well in the centre of the flour.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil and coconut milk. Pour the egg mixture into the well and stir gently to combine. Gently fold in the cherries. Spoon the mixture, evenly, into the muffin cases, then sprinkle with the extra coconut and turbinado sugar. Place a halved cherry on top of each muffin and bake 20-25 minutes or until golden and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Set aside 5 minutes then transfer on to the cooling rack.
- For cup measures: spoon the flour into the cup, heaping it up over the top, then slide a knife across the top to level off the extra. Be careful not to shake or tap the cup to settle down the flour or you will have more than you need. I use a 240ml American cup.
Points to Note:
- Please note that oven temperatures are given as a guideline only. You may need to add or reduce the suggested temperature depending on your oven. I baked the muffins at 360°F (180°C) convection setting, for 23 minutes.
Step by Step Photos
whisk together the eggs, oil and coconut milk. Pour the egg mixture into the well and stir gently to combine. Gently fold in the cherries. Spoon the mixture, evenly, into the muffin cases, then sprinkle with the extra coconut and turbinado sugar.