This is one of my go to salads when tomatoes are in season. It’s so easy to make and such a pleasure to eat. I always prefer freshly squeezed lemon juice for dressing. I am not a fan of vinegar. I recommend Kalamata olives or mixture of Kalamata and regular black or green olives. I hope your weekend is amazing!
Tomato and Olive Salad
Preparation time: 10 minutes; Serves: 4-6
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 romaine lettuce
- 4 medium Italian tomatoes sliced
- 1 cup pitted black olives
- 1 cup diced Feta cheese,
- 1 large bell pepper julienned
- Dried oregano
- Prepare Salad Dressing: mix all dressing ingredients and add enough salt and pepper to taste. Shake thoroughly to combine.
- Stack several lettuce leaves and shred them finely with a knife.
- Make a bed with the lettuce on large plate. Drizzle with some dressing.
- Arrange the rest of the ingredients on top and drizzle the dressing over.
Drizzle the olive oil over the salad.