How to Cook Pearl Millet
- 1 cup pearl millet (yields 4½ cups cooked)
- 2½ cups water
- Salt to taste
- Bring the water to a boil in a medium pot over high heat. Add the millet and enough salt to taste. Bring back to the boil, cover with a lid, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until millet is cooked. Switch off the heat and let rest for 5 minutes, covered, then fluff it.
- Spread the millet on a baking sheet or tray to cool completely then use for salad.
Points to Note
- 1 cup millet yields 4¼ cups cooked millet.
- I usually cook mine for 20 minutes flat.
Below is a photo of uncooked Pearl millet
Step By Step Photos
Bring back to the boil and then simmer, covered for 20 minutes.
Mine cooks perfectly, in 20 minutes.
Fluff the millet