- Serrano ham or Jamón serrano is a raw ham, dry-cured in the mountains, in Andalusia region of Spain.
- The serrano ham is made from a breed of white pigs or the commercial breed Duroc.
- The word ‘Jamón’ means Ham and the word Sierra means mountain range so Jamón serrano literally means ham from the mountain range.
- Jamón serrano is variously described as jamón reserva, jamón curado and jamón extra. All these hams are produced from compound-fed white pigs. (wiki)
Want to Read More about Serrano Ham?
- The Spruce article of Serrano Ham