Turmeric Roasted Potatoes
Preparation time: 10 minutes; Roasting time: 30 minutes; Serves: 4-6
- 1 kg (2Ib) floury potatoes peeled or scrubbed and cut into wedges of equal size
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons corn or canola oil
- Boil water in a pot. Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt and potato wedges. Boil potatoes for 4-5 minutes over medium low heat. Drain and transfer on a cooling rack to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (200ºC). Liberally brush a baking pan with the oil and arrange the potatoes in a single layer. Roast 15 minutes, then flip over. Roast for another 10-15 minutes. Serve.