I used to roast potatoes at least once a week, then I stopped. I don’t know why. Tomorrow, I’m planning a roast potato dinner, but I couldn’t find the recipe because I never posted it. I transferred my thousands of blog photos to another location, so it took me some time to locate these photos. Where do you store the thousands of photos you take? I hope you’re enjoying your weekend!
Preparation time: 15 minutes; Baking time: 30 minutes; Serves: 4-6
- 1kg (2 Ib) waxy potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary or oregano or thyme or a combination
- 1 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt or to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Peel or scrub the potatoes. Cut into halves, quarters or eighths, depending on the size of the potato (make sure sizes are even).
- Place potatoes in a bowl. Add olive oil, herbs, paprika, salt and pepper and toss until potatoes are well coated.
- Spread potatoes in a single layer (cut side down) on a roasting pan. Roast in the centre of the oven for 15 minutes then flip the potatoes and roast for another 15 minutes (total 30 minutes) or or until browned and crisped.
- Remove potatoes from oven, adjust seasoning and serve hot.