I had two bananas left in my fruit basket, this morning, and two options: make banana-blueberry-smoothie or turn them info muffins for breakfast. I decided to make muffins and they’re already halfway gone. Today is such a pleasant day with lots of sunshine. What about you? what are you up to on a Sunday morning. Enjoy the rest of the day!
Sift the flour, baking powder and sugar into a bowl. Stir in blueberries and make a well in the centre.
In a separate bowl, using a stick blender, blend the butter, buttermilk, eggs, vanilla essence and bananas.
Pour the mixture into the well
and mix gently until just combined
Spoon the batter into prepared muffin tins, top with extra blueberries and bake 20-25 minutes or until golden.
Serve warm or cold
Blueberry Banana and Vanilla Muffins
Preparation time: 20 minutes; Baking time: 20-25 minutes; Makes: 18 medium muffins
- 300g (10.5oz, 2 ½ cups) all purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 180g (6.5oz, 1 scant cup) sugar
- 1 ½ cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 125g (1 stick + 1 tablespoon; 8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup buttermilk or plain yoghurt
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence (extract)
- 2 large bananas sliced
- ½ cup blueberries extra to top
- Sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF (190ºC); 360ºF (180ºC) convection, ten minutes before using. Line 2 muffin tins with 18 medium paper cases. Sift the flour, baking powder and sugar into a bowl. Stir in blueberries and make a well in the centre.
- In a separate bowl, using a stick blender, blend the butter, buttermilk, eggs, vanilla essence and bananas. Pour the mixture in the well and mix gently until just combined. Spoon the batter into prepared muffin tins, top with extra blueberries and bake 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- Transfer muffins to cooling rack. Serve warm or cold dusted with some sugar.
Points to Note
- I baked the muffins in a convection oven at 360ºF (180ºC) for twenty minutes.
- Last Updated: September 11, 2018
Yes please!! 🙂 🙂
These muffins are just beautiful and sound delicious too!
What if I don’t have a stick blender?!?😱😱😱
Ha ha! then mash the bananas, add to the liquid and blend together using a ballon whisk. Easy…LOL
I have been looking for a good blueberry muffin recipe and I think I found one 😀
Happy Baking,Sonal. Thanks for visiting!
I am addicted to muffins and smoothies. I have a smoothie for lunch every day and if possible wirh have a muffin for breakfast as well. Yummy 🍌
Then perhaps I should have used one banana for a smoothie and the other for the muffins. We have smoothies at least five mornings a week. I agree with you totally!
Hihi. Enjoy and thanks
can you say BREAKFAST? Yum!
I make a cake that tastes like muffins to me. I imagined this! Thank you for sharing! Awesome pic’s to, they make me hungry(er)!
They were really nice. I’m planning to make them again, soon!!!
Sadly I don’t have any bananas but I sure do have blueberries galore in my freezer needing something done with them! This looks so tasty! I wonder if I could substitute applesauce for the bananas? Perhaps I’ll give it a try! The photos of your muffins are so clear I feel like I could just reach in and grab one…..or six! How has your weekend been?
I think you can sub bananas with apples. I ate 3 of these muffins as soon as I pulled them out of the oven. My son ate six LOL. Tomorrow I probably will walk 1 km longer than usual to shed off muffin fat…. Today was great. Sunny and warm but I just stayed indoors the whole day. I spent some time planning for the rest of the year. Have a good evening, Sandy!!!
Thanks Liz, am just about to try your recipe! Went for a walk on the beach yesterday looking for flattish stones and heart shaped stones and driftwood. It was blowing really cold so we didn’t linger too long! Did get a few rocks and bits of driftwood to make fairy doors! Kind of fun to do.
Looking forward to seeing fairy doors. How exciting. I’m trying to catch up with messages. Have a great evening!
Hi I have nominated you for The 3 Days Quote Challenge –
Do join in to encourage, inspire and motivate those around you. Be blessed always 😍😍
Thanks for nominating me!
They look delicious!
Thanks! how is Ghana?
Ghana is peaceful by God’s grace. Thanks for asking! ☺
Oh God to know. I wish you all the best in everything you do!
Thanks, Liz and same to you as well☺