My Favourite Ingredients
White Stilton with Mango and Ginger is a blended cheese which incorporates mango and Australian Buderim ginger to impart a sweet, savoury and tangy, intense flavour to the traditional Stilton cheese.
It’s mainly used as a dessert cheese and is one of the popular white Stilton’s, with fruit.
Ingredients: pasteurized cow’s milk, salt, vegetarian rennet, dairy cultures, sweetened dehydrated mango (mango, sugar, anti-oxidant: citric acid), crystallized ginger (ginger, sugar), flavoring.
- Wine: Pair it with a crisp yet slightly sweet white wine.
- Serve on ginger biscuits with crème fraiche for a quick and tasty dessert.
- Origin: The UK, Leicestershire region.
- Milk: Pasteurized cow’s
- Age: about 4 weeks
- Classification: semi-soft
- Texture and colour: white, creamy and crumbly
- Aroma: Fruity
- Fat content: 23%
- Weight and shape: wheels of approx. 2.5 kg (5 pounds)
- Rind: natural
- Producer (s): Ilchester Cheese Company, Long Clawson Dairy Limited
Also available: White Stilton with Lemon Rind, White Stilton with Blueberry,