Insanely Simple Favourites
I have drastically reduced my carbohydrate intake so I need several simple and stress-free salads that I can make to fill the other half of my dinner or lunch plate.
Cucumber and Tomato Salad
Preparation time: 10 minutes Serves: 4 as a side
- 2 small Italian tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 English cucumber, diced
- 1 tablespoon, finely shredded, fresh herbs
- 50g Feta Cheese, crumbled
Balsamic Vinegar Dressing
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup (or honey)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix tomatoes, cucumber and herbs in a bowl. Set aside.
- To make Balsamic Vinegar Dressing: mix all ingredients in a small bottle and shake until thoroughly mixed.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and let stand for at least 5 minutes, stirring at least once. Crumble Feta cheese on top and serve as a side.