My Favourite Chicken Recipes
I have made this chicken several times but I’ve never taken photos. I need to use this recipe today evening so I will post it anyway, without any photos. One day photos will follow. Have a lovely week!
P/S I managed to take some photos last night. They are not so great but they will do for now. And by the way you can use left over marinade to make Tandoori Chicken Sandwich.
Add the potatoes to the double grill with chicken and continue cooking for a further 15 minutes. Flip the potatoes, baste the chicken and add the yellow or red bell pepper and cook for further 15 minutes.
Tandoori Chicken Legs with Potatoes and Capsicum
Preparation time: 30 minutes; Marinating time: 2-8 hours; Cooking time: For chicken: 45 minutes; For potatoes: 30 minutes; and for peppers: 15 minutes; Serves: 4-8
For the chicken legs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 4-8 chicken legs
- Tandoori Paste (Make tandoori paste in advance. Keep in Fridge)
For potatoes and capsicum
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning or 2-3 tablespoons tandoori paste
- Salt to taste
- I kg potatoes, peeled and cut
- I large yellow or red pepper julienned
- Make the tandoori paste ahead of time and keep in the fridge. Preheat the oven to 450ºF (220ºC).
- Using a sharp knife, make 2-3 slits in each chicken leg. Rub salt and lemon juice into chicken legs and set aside for half an hour. (don’t put too much lemon).
- Spread the tandoori marinade over the chicken legs on both sides and into the slits. Cover with a cling film and leave to marinate for 6-8 hours or overnight in the fridge.
- For potatoes: combine the olive oil with the cajun seasoning and enough salt to taste. Mix the olive oil mixture with the potatoes and julienned capsicum. or just use the tandoori paste.
- Place the marinated chicken legs in an oiled anodized double grill and cook in middle rack in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Add the potatoes to the double grill with chicken and continue cooking for a further 15 minutes.
- Flip the potatoes, baste the chicken and add the yellow or red bell pepper and cook for further 15 minutes. Serve.
- Total cooking time for chicken: 45 minutes; Total cooking time for potatoes: 30 minutes; and Total cooking time for peppers: 15 minutes
- Use the left over marinade to make Tandoori Chicken Sandwich.