I find barley and bean salad very filling and the combination of black and red beans really tasty. I usually have the salad for my lunch with some grilled chicken or steak on the side. If you’re vegetarian then absolutely no knead for the extras!
Barley and Bean Salad myfavouritepastime.com
- 2 cups cooked barley
- 1 cup cooked red kidney beans,
- 1 cup cooked black beans,
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3 green onions, sliced
- A bunch finely chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Fresh lemon juice
- Salt and white ground pepper to taste
- To make dressing: mix all dressing ingredients and add enough salt and pepper to taste. Shake thoroughly to combine.
- Mix all salad ingredients in a bowl. Pour dressing over and toss to combine. Set aside at least 30 minutes for flavours to meld before serving.
- Here are instructions to cook Pearl Barley. 1 cup yields four cups cooked barley.
Step By Step Photos
Mix all salad ingredients in a bowl.
Pour dressing over and toss to combine. Set aside at least 30 minutes for flavours to meld before serving.
mmmm I would totally eat this, yummy!!
Very interesting salad Liz, I liked 🙂
Really nice too!