You can get millet in most bulk food stores and Bobs Red Mill also sells it. I recently found it in my local bulk barn store and I’ve been using it to make salads. I love bulk food stores because I can buy the quantity I want, so no food wastage.
- 1 cup packed parsley, finely chopped
- 2 cups cooked pearl millet
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper or freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- To cook millet: boil 2½ cups water, add 1 cup millet and simmer 20 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes then fluff. This yields 4½ cups.
- Place the salad ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix all dressing ingredients and shake until thoroughly combined. Pour ¾ over the salad ingredients and toss to combine. Give salad a grinding of salt and pepper. ENJOY the tabbouleh I promise you it tastes so good….
Step By Step Photos
Above, is a photo of uncooked Pearl millet
Place the salad ingredients in a bowl.
Mix all dressing ingredients and shake until thoroughly combined. Pour over the salad ingredients and toss to combine
Serve and enjoy….