This pasta was inspired by Nigella’s Pasta Snails with Garlic Butter. At first I thought the parsley was way too much but it turned out really great. This has since become my go to pasta, when I am feeling lazy and I still want to eat a tasty meal. Have a lovely week!
Ditalini and Sweet Baby Pea with Garlic Butter
- 400g (14oz) Ditalini Pasta
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 50g (3 tablespoons) soft unsalted butter
- 4 fat cloves garlic crushed
- ½-1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 2 cups finely chopped parsley
- ½-1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup frozen sweet baby pea (not green peas)
- Reserved ½ cup pasta water
- Fresh bread to serve
- Boil the pasta in plenty of salted water as per packet instructions until shy of al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup water and drain the pasta.
- While pasta is cooking, heat the baby pea in the microwave for 1-2 minutes or until piping hot. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the garlic, chilli flakes and a little salt and cook, 1 minute. Do not brown the garlic. Add the parsley and stir for another minute until you have a velvety smooth paste. Add the sweet baby peas, and stir, then add the drained pasta. Stir in 2-4 tablespoons pasta water and stir to combine until pasta is coated with sauce. Check seasoning and serve pasta immediately.
Step By Step Photos
Heat the oil medium low heat and cook the garlic, 1 minute (do not brown), then add the parsley
and cook another minute, then add the sweet baby peas. Add the pasta with some reserved pasta water.
and serve immediately.