Plain Boiled Potatoes
Many people think that potato is a fattening food but it’s not. It’s the fat and salt in fries or the butter, sour cream or mayonnaise added in mashed potatoes.
You can prepare potatoes in a a number of delicious ways without adding fat and other additives.
Compare 3.5 ounce (100g) of the following foods, and make your eating choices wisely.
- Regular fries contain 345 calories,
- Hash browns, 240 calories,
- Boiled white Rice 130 calories,
- Pasta 160 calories and yet
- Plain boiled potatoes has only 85 calories.