I’m not really a huge fan of potato salad, but from time to time I do enjoy having some, at lunch time. I used the so-called old fashioned dijon mustard. I find it more flavourful compared to the smooth yellow hot dog mustard. Pleasant weekend to you!
Apple Potato Salad
Preparation time: 10 minutes; Cooking time: 30 minutes: Serves: 4-6
- 1.5kg (3Ib) small waxy potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 2 red apples, cored and diced, skin on
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon old fashioned dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Boil the potatoes, skin on, in boiling salted water for 15-20 minutes or until knife tender. Drain and set aside to cool the cut them into even sided cubes.
- To make the dressing: mix all dressing ingredients in a bottle or a bowl an shake or whisk until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix potatoes and apples in a bowl and drizzle over dressing over. Serve warm or cold.