They were very tasty but not as crispy as I would have wanted. If you have a recipe for extra crispy oven roasted potatoes, please share with me the link. Wish you a lovely week!
Toss potatoes with salt and canola oil, roast 15 minutes, then flip and roast another 5-10 minutes then remove from the oven and toss with paprika.
Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 800g orange fleshed sweet potatoes (2 large), peeled and cut into ¼-½ inch wedges
- 3 tablespoons canola or sunflower oil
- ½-1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika pepper
- Preheat the oven with the roasting pan inside to 450°F (230ºC). ten minutes before using.
- In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with the oil and salt until fully coated.
Spread onto the heated roasting pan in a single layer, and bake 15 minutes, then flip the potatoes. Return to the oven and roast another 5-10 minutes, total 20-25 minutes. (I roasted 25 minutes)
- Remove from the oven and toss the hot potatoes with paprika pepper and serve.
I simply love this
Sometimes it is the variety of sweet potato that makes the difference. Some have more liquid in them than others. Try rolling them in rice flour or polenta first.
Thank you Tabula. The sweet potatoes sold here are not starchy at all. They are quite full of moisture. I’ll try that next time. I love sweet potato fries yet I have soft fries. Have a great weekend!