- You will need powdered mustard (also called dry mustard), which is usually bought in a tin.
- Simply add cold water and stir until creamy, to your desired consistency.
- Let stand for at least 10 minutes to develop full flavour. This step is very important.
- You can also use wine, beer, cider or vinegar in place of water.
- You can also season with spices if you wish.
- Please note that mustard prepared with water will be more pungent.
- Make only the required amount, just before a meal, because the pungency will weaken with time. If you want the preparation to last longer then add an acid like vinegar to stabilize it.