100 g (3.5 oz) of cooked Kale: provides 28 calories and the following RDA of Vitamin K(778%), Vitamin C (49%) and is also a source of carotenoids lutein and Zeaxanthin (85%).
Sautéed Kale with Coconut Milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch kale, ribs removed, and chopped
- 1 medium onion, moon-sliced
- ¼ cup diced tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon each curry powder and paprika
- ½ cup (coconut milk or cream or stock)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté until soft.
- Add the diced tomatoes and cook for two minutes then add curry powder and paprika and cook for one minute.
- Add the coconut milk and season with salt and pepper. Add the Kale and cook to your desired doneness. I usually cook mine until the leaves wilt (4-6 minutes).
- Serve immediately.