I always prefer the old fashioned grainy Dijon mustard to the smooth one. It’s a matter of personal choice so you can use whichever suits you. We really enjoyed this salad.
Please assemble ingredients before you start
Whisk all dressing ingredients together and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Pasta cherry tomato and cucumber salad
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon Old-fashioned grainy mustard
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 250g (8oz) conchigle or other short pasta
- 1 pint (2 cups) red cherry tomatoes sliced in half (25-30 cherry tomatoes)
- 3 cups diced cucumber
- Crumbled Feta or goat cheese (optional)
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix the cucumber and tomatoes with 2 tablespoons dressing. Set aside for flavours to meld.
- Cook the pasta in plenty of salted water as per packet instructions. Drain the pasta, transfer to a large serving bowl and toss with some dressing while still hot.
- Toss in the tomatoes and cucumber. Serve.