My Favourite Smoothies
Both are low in calories, have dietary fibre and vitamin C.
I also added a handful of cashew nuts which are rich in iron and magnesium. I really liked this smoothie so I decided to post it.
Blueberries are an excellent source of fibre, vitamin C and manganese. They are small, juicy and low in calories. On average, they range from 50-70 calories per cup.
They can be eaten ripe or added as an ingredient in cereal, yoghurt, pancakes, muffins, pies and tarts and fruit salads. They can also be dried or used to make jam or wine.
Combine everything and blend till smooth. Serve.
Blueberry Kale Smoothie
Preparation time: 5 minutes Serves: 1 x 250ml cup
- 1/3 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup loosely packed frozen kale
- ½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/3 cup plain unsweetened yoghurt
- ¼ cup water
- A handful cashew nuts or other soft nuts
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
Combine everything in a blender and pulse until smooth. Serve.