I stumbled upon this site “Good to Know Co. UK“ and baked quite a few goodies from there including these chocolate chip muffins. They were really good. My daughter just carried the last two to school. I wish you a very wonderful week!
Double Chocolate Muffins
Preparation time: 15 minutes; Baking time: 20 minutes; Makes: 15 medium or 12 large muffins
- 250g (2 cups, 9oz) all-purpose flour
- 25g (1oz) cocoa powder (I used dutch process cocoa)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 175g (6oz) fine sugar (or 125g fine sugar and 50g muscovado sugar)
- 210ml (3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons) milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 100ml (1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon) mild olive oil (or sunflower or canola or other vegetable oil)
- 150g (5oz) Chocolate chips + extra for topping
- 1-2 teaspoons vanilla essence (extract)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF convection, 175ºC, gas 5. Line a muffin tray with paper cases.
- Sift the flour, cocoa and baking powder into a bowl. Stir in the sugar. Make a well in the centre.
- Add the milk, eggs and oil to the well and mix gently together. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared cases. Bake for 15-20 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Set aside for 10 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
Point to Note
- For cup measures: spoon the flour into the cup, heaping it up over the top, then slide a knife across the top to level off the extra. Be careful not to shake or tap the cup to settle down the flour or you will have more than you need. I use a 240ml, American cup.
myfavouritepastime.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.