Stir fry is my go to dish when I feel lazy but I still want to eat a nice home cooked meal. My favourite ingredients are usually capsicum and broccoli. Thank God everybody in my house loves broccoli. We sometimes make vegetarian pizza with broccoli. It’s awesome. I wish you a very happy week. Mine is full of sunshine!!!!
Heat a wok or a large non-stick pan (skillet) over high heat until very hot. Swirl a tablespoon of oil in the wok to coat it, add the pork. Cook, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink and slightly browned, about 3 minutes
Pork Stir Fry with Lemon and Coriander
Preparation time: 30 minutes; Cooking time: 15 minutes; Serves: 4-6 depending on portions
Stir Fry Sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup broth (stock) or water
- Grated rind (zest) of 1 medium lemon
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes or cayenne pepper (adjust to your taste)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 spring onion finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped cilantro (coriander) leaves
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Vegetable oil
- 400g pork sliced into strips, across the grain
- 3 medium carrots, thinly sliced, diagonally
- 1 medium green capsicum (bell pepper), diced into ½ inch cubes
- 1 medium red capsicum (bell pepper), diced into ½ inch cubes
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- Green onions, sliced diagonally to garnish
- Combine all the ingredients for the stir-fry sauce and whisk thoroughly to combine. Season the pork with salt and pepper. Add 3 tablespoons of the stir fry sauce and let stand for at least 30 minutes. Set the rest of the stir-fry sauce aside.
- Blanch the broccoli in boiling salted water for two minutes. Remove and drain. Set aside.
- Heat a wok or a large non-stick pan (skillet) over high heat until very hot. Swirl a tablespoon of oil in the wok to coat it, add the pork. Cook, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink and slightly browned, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate with a slotted spoon. Set aside.
- Add another tablespoon of oil to the same wok. Add the carrots and capsicum. Season with some salt and pepper. Cook stirring occasionally until nearly cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Add the stir-fry sauce and sugar to the wok, stir, bring to the boil and boil for about 1 minute while stirring. Add the pork and broccoli and stir and fry for about one minute, until the pork is piping hot. Turn off the heat, and garnish with the green onions. Serve hot, over bed of rice.
Points to Note:
Please make sure the wok gets really hot, otherwise the meat will not cook in 3 minutes.