I have been eating lots of roast chicken lately. I always throw in some veggies in the roasting pan. The main ingredients here are lemon, garlic, coriander and honey. Sounds good doesn’t it? Today is a bright sunny day. The sun is fully out. Enjoy the rest of the week!
Bake at 375°F (190ºC) for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until fully cooked.
Spicy Lemon Garlic and Coriander Chicken
- 4 chicken legs, or 8-12 drumsticks/thighs or 4 large chicken breasts
Marinade Ingredients (makes 3/4 cup/180ml)
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- Grated rind (zest) of 1 medium lemon
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes or cayenne pepper (adjust to your taste)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 spring onion finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped cilantro (coriander) leaves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Using a sharp knife, make 2-4 deep slits on the chicken. Drizzle ⅔ of the marinade over the chicken, on both sides. Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Bake at 375°F (190ºC) for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until fully cooked. Baste with the left over marinade in the last 15 minutes.