The only thing I don’t like about butternut squash is the “peeling part” It takes me so long to do it. What do you use to peel butternut squash and how long does it take you? I have one large butternut squash in my pantry right now. I bought it one week ago, and I keep postponing cooking it, because I have to peel it. I roasted this one sometime last year. It was delicous. Today is a lovely sunny day? How can I complain?? Have a pleasant week!
Place the squash in a bowl and add the olive oil, thyme, salt, and pepper, and toss to combine.
Roasted Butternut Squash
Preparation time: 15 minutes; Roasting time: 30-40 minutes Serves: 4-6
- 1Kg (2 Ib) butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (or oregano, or rosemary)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (200ºC) ten minutes before using. Brush or spray the grill pan with oil.
- Place the squash in a bowl and add the olive oil, thyme, salt, and pepper, and toss to combine.
- Transfer onto a grill pan and roast for 30 to 40 minutes, until tender and golden brown, tossing once or twice during roasting with a silicon spatula so the cubes brown evenly.
- Adjust seasoning and serve hot.
Points to Note
The time taken to roast will depend on the type of roasting pan used and your oven.