My Favourite Pizzas
We make pizza, at least once a week, with lots of meaty toppings. On this pizza day, my son was visiting and he’s vegetarian, so we settled for pineapple, cheese and capsicum. We really enjoyed it so I wanted to post it and be able to find It, again. Have a lovely week!
Transfer into the oven and bake 8-10 minutes on a pizza stone, until crisp and bubbly
Slice and enjoy.
Pineapple Capsicum and Cheese Pizza
Preparation time: 30 minutes + 2½ hours standing time; Baking time: 8-10 (-14) minutes;
Makes: 14-16-inch round pizza
- Make one No-knead pizza dough, in advance and keep in the fridge.
- Pizza sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- I large red or yellow capsicum (bell pepper) julienned
- 1 cup pineapple tid bits, drained or fresh pineapple
- 2-3 cups, grated mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C), if using pizza pan or 500°F (260°C) if using pizza stone ten minutes in advance. (Place the pizza stone in the lowest rack and heat the oven with the stone inside.)
- Knock back the no-knead pizza dough on a well floured surface, shape into a ball and cover with a kitchen towel for 20 minutes.
- Roll or stretcht into a 14-16 inch base depending on your pan or pizza stone. If using pizza stone transfer the rolled pizza to pizza peel if using pizza pan, transfer the rolled pizza to a lightly oiled pizza pan.
- Spread the sauce over the rolled dough, leaving a ½-inch border. Top with cheese, pineapple and capsicum (bell pepper).
- Transfer into the oven and bake 8-10 minutes on a pizza stone, until crisp and bubbly or 11-14 minutes on the pizza pan.