My Favourite Chicken Recipes
Please use a good quality white wine for this recipe. You can also add some fresh herbs like thyme and rosemary. I served mine with mashed potato. It was awesome. I wish you a very pleasant week!
Serve the chicken with mashed potato or rice. Drizzle the sauce over the chicken
Chicken in White Wine Sauce
Preparation time: 5 minutes; Cooking time: 30 minutes; Serves: 3-4 depending on number of thighs
- 6-8 pieces bone in skin on chicken thighs (you can also use breasts)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- About 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large clove garlics sliced
- 125ml (½ cup) chicken stock (broth)
- 125ml ½ cup) white wine
- Fresh rosemary and thyme sprigs
- Season chicken with salt and freshly ground pepper and then dredge in flour. Heat oil in a non-stick skillet and brown chicken on both sides. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add 1 level tablespoon flour to the pan and stir to mix. Then add the sliced garlic and cook for two minutes under low heat.
- Add ½ cup of stock (broth) and stir until slightly thickened then add ½ cup white wine and bring to the boil. Simmer uncovered five minutes to reduce the sauce substantially.
- Return the browned chicken to the sauce and simmer 15 minutes until liquid is reduced and thick and chicken is cooked. Add fresh rosemary and thyme sprigs. (I added some carrots)
- Serve the chicken with mashed potato or rice. Drizzle the sauce over the chicken.