My Favourite Pasta Recipes
I don’t know about you, but broccoli is one of my most favourite veggies. I can eat it in any form and never really get tired of it. I always find ways to add it to food or make it as a side. Fortunately, for me, my kids also love it, even as a pizza topping. The weather is slowly turning into teens (centigrade), by the end of this week. I am all smiles and more smiles. Have a wonderful week!
Cheesy Pasta with Broccoli and Chicken
Preparation time: 20 minutes; Cooking time: 30 minutes; Serves: 4-6
- 400g short pasta of your choice
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 cup whipping (35%) cream
- 150g mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2-3 cups diced, boiled or rotisserie chicken
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese to top
- Boil pasta in plenty of salted water as per packet instructions. In the last 3-4 minutes add broccoli. Remove pasta and broccoli, and drain. Reserve ½ cup pasta water.
- Meanwhile heat olive oil and add onions and garlic and cook until soft (do not brown).
- Add cream and heat until piping hot, then add cheese and heat slowly until melted. Season to taste. Add chicken and heat till hot then toss in drained pasta and broccoli (if too thick add some reserved pasta water). Serve hot.
- You can sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top, if you like.