With Green Ingredients
I made this burger several times over summer but since It was always so good, I never managed to take a single photo. I want to use this recipe tomorrow, so I’ve posted it without any photos.. Maybe that will prompt me to take the photos? It looks nice I promise you. but lets wait for the photo….coming soon.
Ingredients for Burger
- 750g ground beef (minced meat) or pork or mixed pork and beef
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs (chop I slice of fresh bread in a chopper)
- 1 egg, beaten
Ingredients for Green Paste
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper diced (capsicum)
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- A handful of cilantro (coriander leaves)
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes or fresh pepper if you prefer
- Salt to taste
- Cucumber slices
- Kiwi slices
- Avocado slices
- To make green paste: mix all ingredients in a chopper and chop until fine. Add enough salt to taste.
- Mix the ground beef, breadcrumbs, egg and green paste with a fork until thoroughly combined. Divide the meat into 6 equal pieces (about 150g each). Make into patties
- Grill for 10-15 minutes in a BBQ grill, turning once. Serve topped with cucumber, kiwi, cheese and avocado slices.