My Favourite Smoothies
Summer just began a few days ago and so far it has been wonderful with great temperatures, not too hot and not too cold. I love it!!!! This summer I plan to make fifty different smoothies so watch this space. I shall keep on posting as I make and keep on drinking of course…..
Please note that bananas tend to oxidize and turn brown when exposed to air. It’s always important to add a citric juice like orange when making smoothies with bananas. The other alternative is to add 2-3 tablespoons lemon or lime juice.
Banana Strawberry Cashew nut Smoothie
Preparation time: 5 minutes Serves: 3 x 280ml cups
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 3 large bananas, sliced
- 2 cups milk (Skim, 1%, 2% or full cream)
- 2-4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 30 pieces (1/3 cup) raw cashew nuts (or almonds)
- Combine everything and blend till smooth. Serve.
Point to Note
I always refrain from adding sugar to smoothies. If you want it sweeter, add whatever sweetener you prefer.