My Favourite Toasts
The toast was delicious
French Toast Fingers
Preparation time: 15 minutes; Serves: 4
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup strawberry jam
- Thin slices of fresh fruit (optional)
- 8 slices stale white bread (2-3 days old)
- Icing (confectioners) sugar to dust the top
- Whisk the eggs, milk and salt in a small bowl.
- Spread jam on four slices. Top with fruit slices and the remaining slices bread. Trim crusts and cut each sandwich into three strips.
- Quickly dip both sides of the cut strips into egg. Cook on a lightly greased skillet, 2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Dust with icing (confectioners’ sugar) and serve.