My Favourite Toasts
French Toast Fingers
Preparation time: 15 minutes; Serves: 4
French Toast Fingers myfavouritepastime.com
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup strawberry jam
- Thin slices of fresh fruit (optional)
- 8 slices stale white bread (2-3 days old)
- Icing (confectioners) sugar to dust the top
- Whisk the eggs, milk and salt in a small bowl.
- Spread jam in four slices. Top with fruit slices and the remaining bread. Trim crusts and cut each sandwich into three strips.
- Dip both sides in egg. Cook on a lightly greased skillet, 2 minutes on each side until golden brown. Dust with icing (confectioners’ sugar) and serve.