My Favourite Salads
Do you love eating lots fried crispy bacon? Are there days when you say, ‘the heck with it’ and just spoil yourself without thinking about the extra calories? Then this is the salad for you. You need lots of bacon, potatoes and eggs.
I got the recipe from the Food Network Magazine, July/Aug 2013, tweaked it a little, prepared and had if for lunch. It was very filling and delicious. The sort of salad I would eat once a week if I weren’t watching that ‘bulge around my waist’. I loved it and hope you’ll do too! I hope you’re having a great weekend! Ours, here, is fabulous!
Bacon and Egg Potato Salad
Preparation time: 40 minutes + cooling time; Serves: 4-6
- 1kg (2Ib) small red-skinned potatoes, quartered
- 500g (1Ib) bacon chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoon plain yoghurt, preferably, Greek
- 2 tablespoons 10% cream (half and half)
- 3 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- I tablespoon honey
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 6 green onions (spring, scallions) finely chopped
- 1 medium red onion finely chopped
- Boil potatoes in salted water about 15-20 minutes until fork tender. Drain the potatoes and transfer to a tray to cool
- Meanwhile, sauté the bacon in a skillet over low heat until crispy, about 12 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Boil the eggs to your desired doneness. Drain and run under cold water to cool, peel and chop.
- Combine all dressing ingredients except green and red onion, in a bowl and whisk to combine. Season to taste. Add the red and green onions and stir to mix.
- Combine potatoes, bacon and eggs in a large bowl and toss to combine. Drizzle over the dressing and serve at room temperature.