My Favourite Salads
I made this salad during the spinach week. I find it much easier to work with the same ingredient the whole week. This week is Pizza week. I’ve probably added some two or three kilos because we have ingested so many kilos of Mozzarella, it’s unbelievable. I look forward to sharing the different yummy pizzas with you.
The recipe today is so simple, no need to explain anything. I just want to leave you with this foodie tip: “Eating about one serving a day of beans, peas, chickpeas or lentils can increase fullness, which may lead to better weight management and weight loss, a new study has found” In general, pulses have a low glycemic index, meaning they are foods that break down slowly, so they leave you feeling full for a longer time. When is the last time you ate a pulse? Have a pleasant week!
Spinach Raspberry and Almond Salad
Preparation time: 30 minutes; Serves: 4-6
- 200g (½ Ib) fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1¼ cups fresh raspberries
- 85g (3oz, ⅔ cups) crumbled Feta cheese
- ½ cup toasted slivered almonds
Raspberry Orange Dressing
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange rind (zest)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Put salad ingredients in a bowl. Drizzle dressing over the salad and toss to mix.
- To make salad dressing. mix all ingredients in a jar and shake vigorously to mix or in a bowl and whisk thoroughly to combine.
Please always assemble all ingredients before you start
To make the salad dressing. mix all ingredients
in a jar and shake vigorously to mix or in a bowl and whisk thoroughly to combine.
Put salad ingredients in a bowl and drizzle dressing over the salad. Toss to mix.
Enjoy the salad!