This black bean salad was awesome. I made it sometime last year but haven’t gotten round to posting it. On that same day I made some dainty pita pockets and that is how I served the salad. Everything was nestled inside my little pita pockets and that was lunch that day.
Black Bean Salad
- 2 cups black beans
- 2 cups diced cucumber
- 1 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup diced celery
- A bunch finely chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- To make dressing: mix all dressing ingredients and add enough salt and pepper to taste. Shake thoroughly to combine.
- Mix all salad ingredients in a bowl. Pour dressing over and toss to combine. Set aside at least 30 minutes for flavours to meld before serving.