This bread is very nice. I practically ate it on it’s own. Please make sure you squeeze the water out of the zucchini otherwise you will have a tough time rolling the dough because the water will continue to sip out of the zucchini. Have a lovely weekend.
Please watch the video before making the bread
Spicy Zucchini Flatbread
- 450g (3½ cups, 1Ib) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 zucchini, coarsely grated (about 6oz, 180g), and all the water squeezed out
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes (optional)
- 80ml (1/3 cup) water
- Sift the flour and baking powder set aside. Place the zucchini in a large bowl. Add the onion, eggs, salt, peppers and mix to combine using a fork.
- Add the sifted flour and continue mixing with fork or spoon until everything comes together into a ragged dough. Knead the dough with your hand and then tip it onto a floured countertop and knead it lightly 2-3 minutes (the dough is kind of sticky). Set it aside on a well floured surface and cover with cling film and leaves to rest for 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions and form into balls. Roll each ball on a well floured surface, into an 8-inch (20cm) round. Cook each flatbread as shown in the video until golden on both sides.
Step By Step Photos
Squeeze out all the water from the zucchini and place it in a large bowl. Add the onion, eggs, salt, peppers and mix to combine using a fork. Add the sifted flour and continue mixing with fork or spoon until everything comes together into a ragged dough. Knead the dough 2-3 minutes then set aside for 1 hour.