I use parsley for my garlic bread. Lots of it. I have gradually become a big fan of parsley. Before, I used cilantro in everything. I still love cilantro with fresh tomatoes and red onions or added to chicken or beef stew, at the end of cooking .Have a lovely week, ahead.
Quick Garlic Bread
Preparation time: 10 minutes; Broiling time: 4-6 minutes; Serves: 12-15 slices
- 60g (½ stick; 2oz) salted butter, softened
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2-4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 x 350g (12oz) French Bread or Ciabatta
- Preheat the broiler to 550°F (290ºC). Line a large sturdy baking sheet with foil.
- Mix the butter, crushed garlic, olive oil and cilantro or parsley in a bowl until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the bread diagonally into ¾-inch-thick slices with a serrated knife, then spread garlic butter on one side of each slice.
- Arrange the garlic bread the baking sheet and broil 6-inches from the heat until light golden on the edges and the butter is sizzling in the middle. (Please do not leave unattended because it cooks really fast). Do not over-brown.
Point to Note
- You can prepare the bread in advance and keep chilled, wrapped in foil.