I baked a sweet potato bread and had ½-cup left over mashed sweet potato. I decided to turn it into a smoothie. It was very nice, and filling. My son slurped it within a few minutes, then I told him. “Did you know there was sweet potato in that smoothie?” What…? Ugh…he didn’t even realize!
Sweet Potato Avocado and Raspberry Smoothie
Preparation time: 5 minutes Serves: 3 x 250ml cups
- ½ cup mashed sweet potato
- ½ cup frozen raspberries
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup thick plain whole milk yoghurt
- ½ cup cold water
- 1 cup orange juice (fresh or boxed)
- 1 tablespoon honey or 3 teaspoons sugar (optional)
- Combine everything and blend till smooth. Serve.
- Enjoy the smoothie. It’s very filling.