The salad was awesome. We had it for lunch. You can serve it alongside grilled chicken or pork.
Roasted Butternut Squash Salad with Goat Cheese
Preparation time: 10 minutes Baking time: 25-30 minutes; Serves: 4
- 1kg (2-pound) butternut squash, peeled and 1/2-inch diced
- ½ teaspoon each dried rosemary and thyme
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 5-ounce bag spring mix salad greens
- ½ cup roasted walnuts
- ½ cup goat cheese, softened and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard (I used Dijon with Chardonnay Wine)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (200ºC) ten minutes before using. Place the butternut squash on a roasting pan. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, dried thyme and rosemary, and salt and pepper to taste. Toss. Roast the squash for 25 to 30 minutes, or until tender, turning once. Add the cranberries to the pan for the last 5 minutes.
- Make the raspberry vinaigrette by combining the dressing ingredients inside a glass jar with a lid, shake well until the jam has dissolved. Season with salt and pepper, to taste and shake again.
- Add the salad greens to a large bowl. Toss with the walnuts, butternut squash and goat cheese.
- Give the dressing one more good shake and drizzle over the salad. Serve immediately.