You can use lemon instead of the lime. I just prefer lime over lemon. The cookies need to turn light golden brown on the bottom. These cookies were addictive, I ate one at a time until they were finished. I couldn’t imagine all those cookies ending up in my stomach but eh! spoil yourself every once in while. I wish you a pleasant morning, day or night depending on the corner of the world you come from.
Beat butter, sugar, rind and juice until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until fully incoporated.
Fold in the flour in three batches. if the dough is too sticky place in the fridge for 30 minutes. Roll 20g (¾oz) of mixture into balls then roll into the icing sugar. Place on the prepared baking sheets and flatten slightly. Bake 15-18 minutes or until firm and bottom is golden.
Preparation time:15 minutes; Baking time: 15-18 minutes Makes: 30
- 250g (9oz, 2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 115g (1 stick, ½cup), butter
- 200g (1 cup) sugar
- Zest (rind) of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup confectioners (icing sugar)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC) convection ten minutes before using. Whisk or sift the flour and baking powder. Set aside. Line large baking sheets (trays) with parchment.
- Beat the butter, sugar, rind and juice until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, until fully incorporated.
- Fold in the flour in three batches. If the dough is too sticky place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Roll 20g (¾oz) of mixture into balls then roll into the icing sugar. Place on the prepared baking sheets and flatten slightly. Bake 15-18 minutes or until firm and bottom is golden. Let rest 5 minutes then transfer to cooling rack
- For cup measures: spoon the flour into the cup, heaping it up over the top, then slide a knife across the top to level off the extra. Be careful not to shake or tap the cup to settle down the flour or you will have more than you need. I use a 240ml American cup.
Points to Note
- Please note that oven temperatures are given as a guideline only. You may need to add or reduce the suggested temperatures depending on your oven. I baked the cookies at 375°F (190°C) for 18 minutes.
Yum! These look marvelous!
I just know these are as good as they look!
Better than they look. I’m making your salad today. I shall add some roasted butternut squash. Yum!
That sounds amazing, Liz! Hope you enjoyed the salad!
Of course I did. Enjoy the new week!
Since I live in Key Lime area, I enjoy lime in baked goods. Thanks for sharing your recipe. I will try these.
Thanks! give me feedback
I agree, Liz, I much prefer the flavour of lime over lemon. Lime is one of my favourite foods 💚💚💚