I had a very simple lunch today. Fried potato wedges and a freshly made burger. I have this huge 22 Ib bag of potatoes in my cold room. I have to come up with a variety of potato recipes for dinner for the next two weeks. If you have a good recipe, please swing it my way. Have a great weekend.
Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Sprinkle over the thyme, paprika and cayenne (if using). Adjust seasoning if required. Serve hot.
Fried Potato Wedges
Preparation time: 10 minutes; Cooking time: 25 minutes; Serves: 4
- 1kg (2Ib) floury potatoes peeled or scrubbed and cut into wedges of equal size
- 3-5 tablespoons olive or corn or canola oil
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parboil potatoes for 4-6 minutes in boiling salted water. Add some pepper or chilli to the water.
- Drain thoroughly, return to the pot over low heat to drive off excess moisture. (Alternatively arrange potatoes on cooling rack and set aside for at least 30 minutes-the longer the better)
- Heat the oil in a large heavy based skillet or pan, add the potatoes, season with salt. Sauté on all sides until golden and crisp.
- Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Sprinkle over the thyme, paprika and cayenne (if using). Adjust seasoning if required. Serve hot.