Lens culinaris Medikus
- Organic Red split lentil flour is made from red spilt lentils. It’s non-GMO
- The flour is naturally gluten free but you have to read the food label of the product you buy because this particular one I bought, said “May contain wheat, tree nuts, and/or sesame seeds.” It depends on whether the milling plant processes other grains and pulses, which may cause some contamination.
- It can be used in many sweet and savoury dishes and, to thicken soups and stews.
- The flour is perfect for Indian flat breads, or can be blended with other flours for added taste and nutrition.
- The blended flour can be used to make yeast and quick breads, muffins, biscuits, fritters, batter and pancakes.
- This particular one had the following nutrition information per every 100g (3.5oz)
Sodium 10mg, Carbohydrate 44g, Fibre 15g, sugars 2g, protein 23g and 50% of RDA of Iron. For more information: click here