My Favourite Snacks
We had these pasties a few days ago. They are so easy to make because you only need to make the filling and then buy some puff pastry from your local store. I made twenty but I can assure you they did not see the end of day. They were gone in one sitting. I wish you a pleasant day!
Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden.
We had ours for breakfast
Spicy Chicken Pasties
Preparation time: 10 minutes; Cooking time: 20 minutes; Makes: 20 Pasties
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 500g chicken mince
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 5 sheets ready rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 360ºF (180ºC) ten minutes before using. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and add onion and garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the chicken and cook over medium high heat for about 10 minutes until lightly browned. Add coriander, cumin, turmeric, chilli powder and salt and cook for about 2 minutes. Adjust seasoning. Stir in peas and coriander, remove from heat and cool.
- Cut the pastry into 10cm (4-inch) circles. Place mixture in the centre of each circle. Fold over and pleat the edges to seal.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet and brush liberally with beaten egg. Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden.
Points to Note
- I cooked the pasties for 20 minutes.
- You can prepare them ahead and store covered in the fridge. Cook just before serving.