With Port and Dijon Mustard
Serve with rice or mashed potato, whichever suits you.
Pork Chops with Creamy Mustard Sauce
Preparation time: 10 minutes; Cooking time: 45 minutes Serves: 4
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 large pork chops
- 1 large onion moon-sliced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ cup dry sherry or port
- ½ cup stock (broth)
- 2 tablespoons grainy Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup 35% cream (whipping cream)
- Season the flour with salt and pepper and use to coat the chops.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a pan or skillet. Add the chops to the pan and brown them quickly on both sides. Set aside.
- Heat the rest of the oil and sauté the onions until soft. Add the curry powder and cook for one minute, then add the sherry or port and stock and stir to mix. Return the chops to the pan and cover and simmer until the chops are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer the chops to a warm serving dish. Stir in the mustard and whipping cream to the sauce in the pan (skillet) and stir well to combine. Adjust the seasoning. Pour the sauce over the chops and serve.
- Last updated: 4 April 2017