My Favourite Breads
Preparation time: 10 minutes; Baking time: 20 minutes; Serves: 12-15 slices
- 60g (½ stick; 2oz) salted butter, softened
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro or parsley or mixed herbs
- 1 x 325g (12oz) French Bread
- Preheat oven to 350°F.( 180ºC).
- Mix the butter, crushed garlic, olive oil and cilantro in a bowl until smooth.
- Without cutting completely through bottom, cut bread diagonally into 1-inch-thick slices with a serrated knife, then spread garlic butter between slices.
- Wrap loaf in foil and bake in middle of oven 15 minutes. Open foil and bake 5 minutes more. Serve.
Point to Note
- You can prepare the bread in advance and keep chilled, wrapped in foil.. Bring to room temperature before baking.