Crusty and delicious
We had this chicken about three weeks ago. It tasted really nice. I have some left over ricotta cheese from making dessert, last night, so I decided to make the chicken, again, for dinner tonight. It’s very easy to prepare and I love the oven part coz you know how lazy I am. I never want to expend energy if I can avoid it.
Tonight I’ll serve it with some thyme and rosemary roasted potatoes and some roast veggies on the side. I hope you are enjoying the new week. We have a very pleasant weather up to Friday so I am in an extra happy mood. Happy cooking and have a fantastic week!
Bake 30-45 minutes or until cooked, turning and basting the chicken, at least, once.
Serve with roast potatoes, fries or steamed Basmati rice
Chicken with Bacon and Ricotta Stuffing
Preparation time: 30 minutes; Baking Time: 30-45 minutes; Serves: 4
Ingredients for stuffing
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) fine ricotta cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped coriander of mixed herbs of your choice
- 2 tablespoons fresh breadcrumbs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 8 slices streaky bacon
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) wholegrain mustard
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC (375ºF) 10 minutes before cooking.
- To make stuffing: thoroughly mix the ricotta cheese with crushed garlic, cilantro and breadcrumbs in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Carefully loosen and lift the skin on each drumstick. Spoon a little of the stuffing under the skin of each drumstick then smooth the skin back firmly in place.
- Wrap a bacon slice, tightly around the wide end of each drumstick.
- Mix together the mustard and olive oil and brush the mixture over the bacon-wrapped chicken.
- Bake 30-45 minutes or until cooked, turning and basting the chicken, at least once.