My Favourite Salads
When potatoes are on sale, I always buy and stock. On this day I’d ran out of ideas on what to do with the left over potatoes. I decided to boil them and then remembered I had numerous cans of corn in the cold room and some left over parsley from cooking Pasta the previous week. And then there was this French dressing that had been used once and had been chilling in the fridge for months, and that huge mayonnaise bottle that had been hardly touched..oops!
Anyway I had a nice potato salad for lunch. It tasted really nice but the next time I made it, I added Greek yoghurt instead. Frankly speaking I don’t like mayonnaise. The thought of oil drizzling down the chute of a food processor and turning into a white fluffy irresistible mayonnaise just doesn’t appeal to me anymore. I used to love it when I was much younger and calories didn’t mean anything to me, but these days, every calorie counts for me. I am watching my height (height???) waistline, virtually everything. I hope you love this recipe the way I did. Have a wonderful week!!!
Potato Salad with Corn
- 6 medium potatoes
- I cup whole corn kernels, drained in a colander
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Salt to taste
Frech Dressing with Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon bottled French dressing
- ¼ cup mayonnaise (or plain Greek yoghurt)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Scrub the potatoes until they are clean. Place potatoes in a pot of cold water with enough salted water to cover them. Boil 15-25 minutes, covered, until tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Peel and cut into cubes or if preferred cut into cubes without peeling.
- Whisk together the French dressing, mayonnaise and milk.
- Place potatoes and corn in a salad bowl. Add parsley and sprinkle of salt and pepper. Stir in dressing and gently toss, Serve.