My Favourite Salads
I really used to dread the idea of making pizza from the scratch until I found this simple recipe. It’s great for busy, as well as lazy people. I am probably both. We now eat homemade pizza at least once a week. The day before I made this salad, we’d had a Pizza Margherita for dinner and I had a lot of left over mozzarella balls. The next day I decided to make a salad for lunch.
I wanted just a salad for lunch, so I decided to add a carb to the platter. Sweet potato is one of my favourite ingredients; I always have some in the cold room so I thought it would make a great addition. The result was incredible, the sort of recipe you’d want to do all over, again. I hope you love the way it looks. It tasted delicious too. Have a fun-filled day, even if you’re working. I assume you love your job or whatever chores you had for the day.
Mozzarella Tomato and Sweet Potato Salad
Preparation time: 15 minutes; Cooking time: 15 minutes; Serves: 4
- 250g (80z) mozzarella, sliced thinly
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 2 small sweet potatoes boiled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped, fresh mixed herbs
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onions
- Basil leaves, to garnish
- Optional 2 hard-boiled eggs
Ingredients for Dressing
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon clear honey
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Arrange mozzarella, tomatoes and potatoes on four individual serving plates.
- To make dressing: whisk the olive oil, vinegar and honey together, then season to taste. Add chopped herbs and onions and stir to combine. Drizzle dressing over the salad and serve.
- Please note: I only made salad for one person.